Transform the way you heal your patients
Was delivered by my good friend and fellow founding member of the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health Lisa Marie Samaha, DDS, FAGD.
Lisa Marie has extensive training in the field of integrative medicine, with an emphasis on advanced medical and genetic testing, and nutritional physiology to deliver true preventive medicine and healing to her patients.
Attendees learned why Dr. Samaha is noted for her enthusiastic and inspiring presentations to medical and dental audiences worldwide. During the Q&A Session, Lisa Marie agreed to extend a most attractive offer for practice perfection attendees only – a way to experience Lisa Marie up close and personal.
For nearly four decades Dr. Samaha has based her practice on the principles of Total Body Wellness through Complete Health Dentistry. Her pioneering practice focuses on the advanced, non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease, and all aspects of the Oral Systemic Link.
Observing a significant disconnect between the scientific research and its application in the clinical setting, in 2007 Dr Samaha founded the Perio Arts Institute. She presents evidence-based, clinical protocols for the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease. Her multi-faceted approach empowers general dentists, periodontists, and their teams to seamlessly transform themselves into true, wellness-oriented practitioners of dental medicine.
She is a 1982 graduate of the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University.
Attendance and satisfactory completion of a quiz and evaluation qualifies attendees to receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credit.
Questions that are answered during the webcast include:
- It sounds like you have been on the mouth-body track for quite some time. How did you first become interested in this topic of oral-systemic dentistry, and what you refer to as Total Body Wellness through Comprehensive Dental Wellness.
- Over the past couple of decades, non-surgical periodontal therapy has been an often talked about topic which has become more popular than ever as we move into the realm of oral-systemic care in dentistry. It seems there are many groups now marketing their soft tissue management programs. How does your periodontal protocol different from other perio programs?
- Besides taking a good probiotic do you also recommend taking an oral probiotic?
- You mention a series of appointments for completion of the program. How do you determine how many visits a patient will need? What if a patient does not follow through with all the visits?
- Can a dental practice file dental insurance for your protocol and, if so, how is it broken down?
- What about filing of medical insurance for perio treatment?
- How do you determine how many visits a patient will need?
- How does my team talk about this? (Selling the package)
- You’ve touched upon the many facets of your protocol. For your program to be successful, does a practice need to use a laser, do blood testing, Oral DNA, and offer nutrients?
- Who is it best to attend your webcast?